Helping students with visual impairments. The website provides a guide with tips and resources for students with visual impairments to achieve success in schools, and was created in part by four experts in the field that draw on their experiences. The guide contains
- an extended list of tips for choosing the right college,
- an in-depth look at the top assistive technology and tools being used today,
- additional scholarships available for students with visual impairments, and further valuable information.
A U.K. national organization that aims to ensure blind and partially sighted people receive practical support in all aspects of their lives.
America’s leading membership organization of blind and partially sighted people. This website provides links to all major visually impaired associations, organizations and schools in the United States.
Information on blindness, low vision and related issues.
Focuses on aspects for positive change.
Promotes the empowerment of people with disabilities and a barrier-free society in developing countries in the Asia and Pacific Region.
A-Z information on deafblindness.
Directory on assistive technology and devices.
An organization of visually impaired people who use Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
Acts upon the needs and rights of people with disabilities.
College students with disabilities have rights that allow for specific accommodations to help them succeed in school. Learn about legal protections, scholarships, technologies, and other assistance available to students with disabilities.
This offers in-depth information in several areas, including:
- Legal rights of students with disabilities
- Services colleges can or need to make available
- Required accommodations for students
- Technologies and helpful apps for students
- Financial aid and scholarships for students with disabilities