Who we are
As a national nonprofit foundation, the Malaysian Foundation for the Blind (MFB) is here to make life better for blind and partially sighted people in Malaysia. We champion access and equality, and seek to share the benefits of new technologies. Whether you’re losing your sight, or you’re blind or partially sighted, we can help you face the future with confidence.
A strong community where blind and partially sighted people have equal access and opportunities.
- To support blind and partially sighted people by providing and equipping them with relevant technological aids
- To develop and promote inclusive human capital among the blind and partially sighted community via skills and vocational training programs
- To enhance quality of life for blind and partially sighted people by creating equal access opportunities and greater participation in an inclusive-right-based society
- To advocate take up of the OKU 2008 act, a convention of the rights for person with disabilities, and any other relevant laws and policies
What we do
- We connect families to knowledge and support
- We guide the usage of assistive technology tools
- We design and offer courses to educate professionals in the field
- We provide skills and vocational training program for the blind and partially sighted people
- We help create awareness of the rights of the disabled people, such as provided in the act of OKU 2008
We are a proud member of
- Workability Asia (WAsia) is the network of disability organizations who provide work and employment opportunities for persons with disabilities in Asia.
- Malaysian Council for Rehabilitation (MCR). MFB CEO Mr. Silatul Rahim bin Dahman is the Vice-President of MCR for the term of 2016 – 2018
- International Council for Education of People With Visual Impairment (ICEVI). MFB CEO Mr. Silatul Rahim bin Dahman is the Deputy Chairperson for East Asia Region for the term of 2016 – 2020
Meet Our Team
Colonel (H) Dato' Sheikh Shahwaluddin Yusof, JP
Silatul Rahim Bin Dahman
Chief Executive Officer
Hakimi Bin Hj Hassan
Chief Operating Officer
Mohd Zulkifli Bin Jaafar
Chief Financial Officer
Yeo Lee Chin
Abd. Majid Rosziana
For our latest organization chart, please click here.